Why Airpads Are Better Than Other Protective Packaging Solutions
With so much shipping, transporting and storing of goods happening in almost every type of industry across the world, there is no shortage of protective packaging solutions to choose from. Having options is great, but it is also worth noting that not all protective packaging solutions are created equal. Some offer a much better bouquet of benefits than others.
In particular, one of these protective packaging solutions has experienced a meteoric rise in popularity in recent years and, considering the exceptional benefits it offers, this comes as no surprise. We are, of course, referring to airpads.
Strong, versatile and effective, airpads are used in just about every industry, including for the packaging and storage of:
- Automotive spare parts
- General mail orders
Six top reasons why so many industries now prefer airpads over other protective packaging solutions:
1. Versatile – No matter the size or shape, or whether you want to protect content or simply fill the void in a package, airpads are the answer. You can control the size and air pressure, resulting in an unlimited number of combinations and applications.
2. High-impact absorption – A single pad can withstand an impact of over 1 000N, depending on the film used.
3. Lightweight – Airpad protective material consists of 99% air and 1% film. In fact, they weigh on average 6.6 times less than packaging systems using paper and twice less than loose fill systems.
4. Less waste – Because they are only 1% film, there is much less material that ends up in the waste bin. Even better, the pads are both reusable and recyclable.
5. Antistatic – Their antistatic properties make them ideal for use with sensitive computer parts and electronics.
6. Affordable – Less material, less weight and less storage space result in lower costs and substantial overall savings related to just about every step of storage and shipping.
As a leading supplier of protective packaging solutions worldwide, FROMM Packaging Systems stocks a range of airpad films, as well as the necessary machines to produce and prepare these airpads. The machines are compact, portable and easy to use. More importantly, no dedicated operator is required.
With more than seven decades in the industry, you can rely on FROMM to supply you with the best protective packaging solutions on the market. This includes the necessary machinery, materials, and supporting services. For more information on our innovative range, get in touch with our team today.